Friday, September 19, 2008

TV Shows-- the Cheesy Kind

These days kiddie television shows are made on the foundations of bad acting and cheesy music- much like Hannah Montana and the High School Musical movies. All of them.

The other day I was watching the Disney Channel (a.k.a cheesy TV central) and there was a trailer for some show called "Imagination Movers".

a. the word "Movers" is obviously not the right term for what they mean. When I think of a "Mover" I think of extremely ripped men in muscle shirts hauling furniture into a huge van. I think that by "Movers" they meant like, dancing and stuff. You'd never guess that. You'd think they meant people who wished they were Mr. Universe Clones.

b. What is UP with mouse puppets?

c. They ALL smile and do bad, stupid dance moves.

d. HELLO??? There is a reason most grownups don't act like children!!!

And don't get me started on Barney. If I could meet the creator of Barney, these are the questions I would ask him.
  • Um, why purple?
  • Have you ever noticed how fake Barney looks?
  • Why aren't those kids scared when their toy dinosaur comes to life and starts singing? I know I would be.

But to tell the truth, I have no objection to Sesame Street. That show is a work of art. But all the others: SHAME ON YOU!!! And now I will end this the same way cheesy television shows end: Everyone becomes friends, we all sing a song about our day, and then the credits show while a mouse puppet plays the xylophone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No matter WHAT word I hear these days I think of extremely ripped men in muscle shirts hauling furniture into a huge van.